There are a lot of web hosting options on the market today, each with its own advantages and features. Searching for a suitable hosting plan for your web apps is now easier thanks to Docker hosting services. The best Docker hosting services are not only affordable, but also very scalable and reliable. This article will help you understand more about Docker hosting and how you can find the right one to use for your web apps.
#1. What is Docker hosting?
Until very recently, hosting services use virtualization to divide server resources among users or web applications. However, it is apparent that virtualization is not the most effective and efficient way of dividing server resources. Each virtual server needs to have its own operating system and supporting frameworks for the web app to work properly; although this means each virtualization can run its own operating system, it is far from efficient.
#2. Why should I use Docker hosting?
The way each container work makes Docker very unique and versatile. There are several reasons why Docker hosting is the way to go if you are planning to host your own web application:
- Dockers are 99% more efficient in many ways. Since the virtualization is on a kernel level, 99% of the things required to run a virtual machine – such as a separate operating system for each container – can be removed. Dockers are generally very small and can run efficiently in different hardware configurations.
- Containers can be set up in minutes. This in turn makes Dockers very scalable. You can move to a bigger, more powerful server without having to set up the entire virtualization environment from the beginning.
- Easily define the required server resources for each container. Whether you want the web app to run smoothly or you simply want to be able to handle a large amount of traffic, each container can be set up for optimum performance. It is very easy to define the container’s requirement through declarative management.
- This type of virtualization also works with a wide range of server options. Finding a good Docker is easier than ever, thanks to support from large brands such as IBM, Microsoft, Red Hat and even VMware.
- Dockers help eliminate environment inconsistencies. You will be surprised by how many problems a different server configuration can cause, even when the differences are barely noticeable. With containers set up on top of the server’s base operating system, environment inconsistencies can be removed altogether.
#3. Finding a Good Docker Hosting
As mentioned before, large service providers – including Amazon and Google – are now offering Docker hosting as part of their service portfolios. This means finding a good service to use is no longer difficult. There are, however, a few factors to consider.
For starters, you need to remember that Dockers are very scalable. You don’t need to start with a large, often expensive server to have your web application running smoothly. Instead, you can maintain a high level of cost efficiency and still get the best performance out of the Docker hosting service of your choice.
The performance of your container depends on how it is set up in the first place. Choosing a good Docker hosting service is important, but it is more important to have the container and all of its nodes set up for maximum performance. This may require multiple tests in order to find the best configuration possible.
Lastly, don’t forget to search for offers and discounts. Docker hosting is becoming really popular in recent months, so there are plenty of coupon codes, special offers and even bonuses to use. A quick search will help you save up to 50% off your Docker hosting cost. You can run your web apps quickly and efficiently using the best Docker hosting service on the market.