Apple delivered its promise that iOS 7 will be out in 2013. The existing apps were polished and new ones were introduced and Apple device users will surely find these applications more user-friendly. Each year, Apple tried to enhance its interface and it’s almost perfectly clean. This time around, Apple wants to achieve more personalized apps and is tailor-fit for the need of each user. If the mobile device user feels engrossed with the device they use, then they will find no reason to leave it and switch to other OS. Aside from the known features of Apple iOS 7 like iTunes Radio, AirDrop and iOS in the Car.
Here are some of the features of this new OS:
- iOS 7 Clock App – there is an obvious change in the interface of iOS 7 and one of the most obvious changes is the clock app icon. In previous iOS, the icon does not display real time but this time around the icon that you see on the home screen gives the correct time and you can see the second-hand move too.
- Safari Browser – aside from the top search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing; Yandex search engine is also pre-installed in the Safari browser of iOS 7. In iOS 6, Apple started its collaboration with Yandex for its mapping services. There is a speculation that Yandex will become the default search engine for Safari browser’s mobile version.
- Facetime – the video calling service of Apple is expected to change the game in the mobile industry because iPhone users has introduced VOIP extension to make free long distance calls to other iPhone users. In the beta version of iOS 7, Facetime users can choose either to make video or audio calls. There are two icons for FaceTime, phone icon for audio communication and camera for video calling services.
- Tencent Weibo – this micro blogging site will be supported in iOS 7. When iOS 6 came out, Sina Weibo a Chinese micro blogging site was integrated with the OS. Hence, Tencent Weibo which is another Chinese micro blogging site is expected to be added and given priority in this iOS update. However, during the official announcement of iOS 7, Apple did not state anything regarding the scope of support it will provide to Tencent Weibo.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot 2.0 – another significant feature of iOS 7 is Wi-Fi HotSpot 2.0, it will allow seamless switch from one compatible network to another. There is no need for authentication or password typing, thanks to Wi-Fi Alliance Passpoint for making this HotSpot 2.0 possible. All PassPoint enabled devices that are within range of another device with HotSpot 2.0 will be able to connect.
These overhauled features of iOS 7 are expected to create a stir among Apple users by the last quarter of this year. There could be more added or enhanced features before its target release date. Third party app developers are expected to come up with something better until iOS 7 is finally released.